Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Monday, December 5, 2011

Survivorship 101, Part 1

I thought it was time to add a survivor picture to the header - this was taken a couple of nights ago. The top picture was taken the day after my first chemo, we had a scarf and hat testing luncheon. I think I like having hair again.  I'm so thankful that they live close, and were, and are, there for me.  Thank you Juliana, Teresa, Katrina and Emily (granddaughter).

Survivorship 101 has been one of the hardest things I've done. Harder than the treatments for sure. During treatment you are all tied up with your doctor appointments, tests, treatments, dealing with the immediate side effects of what is going on today. It doesn't leave you a lot of time for anything else, just make it throught today, then when it's over, it will be over. NOT TRUE! It's never over, just different. I think that some women like to try to believe it's over, and maybe they are successful at resuming their lives as they were before, but not me.

I just re-read my plans for survivorship from the May posting. Sounded easy, but not so much.

The good things-
  • Cancer Free!!!!!
  • Cancer Free!!!!!!!!
  • Cancer Free!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awesome God
  • Super Family
  • Wonderful support system of friends & other cancer survivors
  • Helpful, caring, listening doctors
  • It could be worse
The bad things -
  • If you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all.
Coming soon to this blog, my thoughts on Pinktober, support groups, managing side effects and more.  My plan (early New Year's resolution) is to blog more often!

Thanks and God Bless you all,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment