Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Moving On To the Next Phase - less detail - more positive - Strangeness of Chemo

Well the big chemos are over!!! I thought that I would feel excited and relieved, but I'm not. I think it's been overwhelming and maybe just hasn't hit home yet, once the side effects start to subside maybe then I'll feel the excitement.

This has been a multi-phased journey, I was going to say a 3 phase journey, but I don't think that would really cover it. The 3 phases that I was thinking of were - Surgery - Chemo - Radiation - that plus so much more.  I typed a big long list of the phases, but decided not to share it, sounded kind of negative.

So, on the positive side, 6 months down, 2-3 months more of treatments (not counting the targeted and hormonal therapies, but those should be easy), then on the road to recovery.

I just flashed on the weirdness of Chemo and how it becomes normal - imagine walking in to a room full of people, you're greeted by the nurse and the others already there, the nurse plugs you in to your special cocktail through your port or an IV, then you just all sit around and chat as your special mix pours in to you to do it's job - Normal?  I guess it is, for now. 

Thanks be to God that the big chemos are over, and hopefully I'm on the easier side of the hill.

Love and God Bless,
Linda

Please pray for a family friend, Ron, who died this morning, Eternal rest grant on to him oh Lord!  And please pray for his family, Rosalie, Rhonda, Rod, Randy and all.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the 'big'stuff is over. My prayers for an easier journey, because of all you have learned during the hard stuff. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete