Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guest House - Radiation - Eye Surgery

 The Guest House Deck is beautiful and peaceful.  You can sit in the porch swing, eat at the tables, and as it gets dark you can see the wildlife come out - ducks, nutria, and a very large family of raccoons.  The sound of the fountain softens the sound of the traffic.  It's so peaceful and restful.  It certainly hasn't hurt that the weather has been so nice, it's been perfect for sitting out there in the evening, and just watching the world go by.  And the college kids and the fraternity guys in the building across the creek, but Katrina hasn't noticed so don't tell her.

Here's a picture of our room, it's nice and cozy, but roomy enough for the both of us.  It's really quiet and private.  I couldn't think of a nicer place to stay.  We've since moved to a different room upstairs with a couch and queen size bed, it's even nicer.





It looks like the eye surgery has been successful, my eyes have stopped watering, mostly, and I can see well enough to drive some and read for more than 5 minutes.  I see the doctor tomorrow for the follow up.  I have to say that the reaction that my eyes had to the taxotere has got to be one of the worst and most inconvenient side effects of the chemotherapy.

I started the hormone therapy - Arimidex (anastrozole), not sure how it works, but it somehow block estrogen.  The generic form of this drug has only been available for a couple of months, my pharmacist told me that a couple of months ago his cost for the drug was $475 for a 30 day supply, now that it's generic his cost dropped to $10 for a 30 day supply, hmmmmm, I wonder what that says about the pharmaceutical industry?

Radiation is progressing well.  We'll see what next week brings.

It sure is great to come home on the weekends.

Later,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment