Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Thursday, April 29, 2010

This journey started with a root canal

The day before my mammogram I had a root canal - it was easy, painless, and the insurance paid for almost all of it. Well, last night the tooth behind it started hurting, so I called and left a message at my dentists, being the amazing people they are they called me before 8 this morning and scheduled an appt for noon to check it out, you can't start chemo with and infected tooth. I drove to Coos Bay, they gave me antibiotics and pain pills and referred me to the endodontist, saying I should get in tough this afternoon, so that I can get my chemo as scheduled. Got back to work about 2 and called the endodontist, low and behold they could see me in a couple of hours. Thank goodness Rick could go with me, I get a little stressed at the dentist, so this way I could take one of my dental/airplane flight ativan that I had left. The endodontist was great, but not only did I need a root canal, he needed to cut open my gum, drill in to the bone, etc... in order to get the infection cleaned out, so after 1 and a half hours of jackhammering in my mouth, they sent me on my way with stitches, stronger pain medicine and a soft diet for the next week. On the good side the awesome endodontist is only charging us for the root canal, but not for the additional surgery, which would have cost us an additional $1800, thanks Dr Liesinger.

Well the novacaine has now worn off and the pain meds are starting to kick in - wooohooo. After this, I think that chemo may be much easier than a root canal.

Things to remember -
God never gives us more than we can handle
Offer my pain to our Lord, it's less than He had to suffer for us.
Be thankful for all that God has given us, including the root canal, who knows, if this hadn't been taken care of today it could have been much worse when my white counts are low.

Thank you God.

Katrina, Francis, Ingrid and Vincent are safely in Kentucky. May God bless Miette, her family and Godparents on her baptismal day.

Through the prayers of the Mother of God, oh Saviour save us.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment