Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hair Cut and Scarf Bonding with some wonderful girls

Well it was suggested yesterday by a couple of wonderful nurses at the Willamette Valley Cancer Center that it might be a good idea to cut my hair short soon, as it would be starting to fall out in 2-4 weeks, this would help me avoid the hair fall out shock.  Juliana brought Katrina home from their journey to Demi's Confirmation and she offered to cut it for me - I don't think that I've had it this short since 8th grade.  Thanks Juliana for doing such a good job. 

Then we got carried away with scarf bonding, testing out the hats and the ways to tie scarves.  I have the best daughters, they are amazing.  Emily joined in the fun too.  It would have been fun to have Mom, Betty, Demi, Ingrid and Ellie. 




It looks like Patrick did his bit and shaved his head, Anthony thought he looked like an alien, but I think that he is as handsome as ever. 





Below are some pictures of our Scarf day.


Thank you all for the great day - I love you all.  May God Bless my amazing family.

Mom (Linda)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!

    Today happened to be the day I cut off 15" of my hair too! I still have it with me. (Do you have any suggestions as to which organization I send? Or, would you use it for yourself??)
    I've been thinking of you alot. I know it's hard, but you're blessed to be surrounded by people with full of love!

    BIG HUGS!

    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ari - I think that Locks of Love is a great place to donate your hair - http://www.locksoflove.org/ They make wigs for kids who have cancer. Are there pictures on your Facebook? I bet you look beautiful with short hair. It would be great to see you sometime, don't know when I'll get to Portland though. God bless you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda--I have a pic of my hair that's been cut of, not a pic of myself yet(I'll work on it sometime soon). It's not as short as expected, even after 15". Nothing dramatic, cuz I'm going for donation #2 in a few years! I've heard of Locks of Love, so I'll probably go for that. Yes, it'd be great to see you, too...it doesn't need to be Portland, someday Frank and I might come down there unannounced and just knock on your door, so be prepared! Haha!

    LOTS OF HUGS!

    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is the picture on your Facebook? Stop by any time you are in town, Tillie could use a visitor to play with.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda--some pics on FB now. Koko says hello to you, Tillie and your family! - Ari

    ReplyDelete