Hats and Scarves

Hats and Scarves
Hats and Scarves

A Year and a Half Later

A Year and a Half Later
A Year and a Half Later

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day - A Great Day to Lose Your Hair!

My hair started falling out yesterday.  I thought I would be brave and let it take its own sweet time, but decided - NO!  If I'm going to be bald it will be my choice - when and how, not the Chemo's.  Chemo can control a lot of things, but not this.  So I got up this morning and shaved it off.  Surprisingly it doesn't look half bad.   River, one of my 73/4 year old (as he says) grandsons, looked at my head and said - Wow - and you're still pretty Nona.  Gotta love that kid.


Katrina in a show of solidarity - shaved her head too, she's just as beautiful without hair as she is with.  Thank you Katrina that is so sweet of you, you are amazing.


I found that it isn't near as scary to be bald as I thought it would be, though my head is a little cold without a hat, but I have plenty of those, I wonder if Katrina is planning on borrowing them.

Baldness already seems normal and it's only been 12 hours.  I'm continuously amazed about what I consider normal now, compared to a couple of months ago, it's truly wonderful how adaptable we can be.  Living with an attitutude of gratitude, trusting in our Lord, rolling with the punches and keeping a postive, fun outlook makes all the difference.  My faith carries me through the dips, I just have to remember to say "Jesus I trust in You". 

I again want to thank everyone for the prayers and support - I have an amazing group of family, friends and even casual acquaintances.


Love to you all and May God Bless you and your families.
Linda

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your strength and humor. Both you and Katrina, are beautiful, physically, but mostly because of the Spirit of the Lord shining though you. Hugs, love, and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom! :D Thanks a million! :) :) :) I love you! You're so brave. :D And I'm wearing your purple hat!!! It is my new favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful to see you all this weekend. I know Vincent loved spending time with his Nonna, Nonno and Aunt Trina. And how great to see the photos of your new looks! It makes your beautiful eyes pop right out.

    ReplyDelete